Monday, August 13, 2007

[Open Letter to Nepal Embassy] Nepalese Workers in Malaysia Need Urgent Support

12 August 2007

To whom it may concern,

Nepalese Workers in Malaysia Need Urgent Supports

Regarding the above matter, we, SUARA RAKYAT MALAYSIA (Johor Bahru Branch) would like to get your serious attention towards an urgent issue of a number of Nepalese workers in Malaysia.

2. For your information, SUARA RAKYAT MALAYSIA (Johor Bahru Branch) is a voluntary based human rights’ support group based in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. We have been working on various kinds of human rights’ violations issues in the Southern tip of Malaysia since the year 2001. Our purpose is to uphold the fundamental rights of the oppressed people.

3. Last month we received a workers’ rights violation case from Nepalese workers. The detailed outcomes of an interview with one of them, named Puspa Lal Shrestha on 24/7/07 can be referred in the attachment. According to him, two batches of Nepalese workers arrived in March and May respectively in this year have served for a security firm, Special Squad Security Sdn. Bhd.(SSS). He said, however, they are being largely under paid and working without enough rest hours, etc. At the moment, they are struggling to find a way return to their home country, Nepal.

4. As a result, we are writing this letter to urge any party in Nepal who could deliver your kind help to fulfill their wish to return home. We are ready to provide any necessary assistance so that their problems could be overcome.

Thank you for your concerns.

Yours faithfully,

Shinn Chei Choo

Service Centre Coordinator

SUARA RAKYAT MALAYSIA (Johor Bahru Branch)

Attachment of Interview Outcomes:

Worker Name: Puspa Lal Shrestha
Passport number: 3122548
Puspa’s statement -

“Narandra Gurung who is the agent in Nepal promised me that I will work as a security guard in Malaysia. Then I have signed an Employment Contract with Special Squad Security Services Sdn. Bhd.

On 11/12/2006 in Nepal, as the contract states, I will be paid RM 800 as monthly basic salary and given overtime according to Malaysian Labour Law. I will work 12 hr/day and 48 hours/wk for three years. I have paid Narandra Gurung an amount of RM 6000 to cover all the travelling costs from Nepal to Kuala Lumpur.


In March 2007, I arrived in KLIA and my passport was handed over to an Indian man, named Moti Omar. I was being asked to sign an Employment Contract with letterhead of Casa Magnificient Sdn. Bhd. I was told to sign it so that I could be allowed to enter Malaysia at the KLIA.


Then I and another 18 Nepalese who came together were being brought to JB. We joined Special Squad Security Sdn. Bhd.(SSS) as a security guard. We are given a nametag, with signature of Pengarah Operasi named A. Harbhajan Singh PJK.


I was provided with hostel. However, I have always been working continuously for at least 36 hours without rest at hostel in the mean time. Then I will be given 5 to 6 hours-rest before report to work place again. I have been shifted to different post alternately every 12 hours. I am not told about my salary amount. I ams only given RM 60/wk by my superior named Lokman.


Every week the driver who sends me to work will hand over RM 30.00 twice. One of the posts I work for is London Biscuits Sdn. Bhd.


One of my friend, Chandra Kumar Lembu (passport number: 2779987) is given a Multiple Entry Visa. In that visa, it is written Chandra Kumar Lembu is employed as a production operator by Bluesea Technology Sdn. Bhd. In fact, he work for Special Squad
Security Sdn. Bhd.(SSS) as a security guard. One of the posts he works for is Crescendas Mec (M) Sdn. Bhd.


I have asked for my salary from my employer. Mr. A. Harbhajan Singh has said to kill me if I bring up my case. I feel being threatened.


I want to return to Nepal. I told my problems to Sujan who is also my Nepalese agent. He said he will help me to get my passport and salary back by 26/7/07."


0 comments:

Pengumuman / 启事 / Notification

Pertukaran alamat blog dan e-mel

Selamat sejahtera, Sahabat Rakyat Working Committee akan menggunakan alamat e-mail dan alamat laman web (Blog) yang baru seperti berikut bermula 1 Januari 2014:

Emel: sahabatrakyat.my@gmail.com
Blog: http://sahabatrakyatmy.blogspot.com

Sekian, terima kasih dan Selamat Tahun Baru!

*********************************************

更换部落格网址与电邮地址

本工委会由2014年1月1日起,开始全面使用以下新电邮地址及部落格:

电邮地址:
sahabatrakyat.my@gmail.com
部落格:http://sahabatrakyatmy.blogspot.com

谢谢关注。祝大家新年进步!

*********************************************

Change of blog and email addresses

Please be informed that Sahabat Rakyat Working Committee will be using the new email and blog addresses below commencing 1 Jan 2014:

Email:
sahabatrakyat.my@gmail.com
Blog: http://sahabatrakyatmy.blogspot.com

Wishing you a progressive new year!

通告

    欢迎热心人士下载印发、
资助印制大选告人民书
把国阵抛弃到历史的垃圾堆中去!

作为活跃于柔佛州的为民主人权和民族尊严而奋斗的两个组织——柔佛州人民之友工委会与柔州兴权会(HINDRAF JOHORE)针对第13届大选,在去年底联合发表了一篇主题为“打破巫统霸权,建立民主联合阵线;团结全州人民,实现三大迫切诉求”的《告柔佛州人民书》;我们毫不犹疑,也毫不含糊主张“把国阵抛弃到历史的垃圾堆中去”。

我们在去年底的几个大规模群众集会期间,将《告柔佛州人民书》的四种语文(巫、华、印、英)传单派发给群众。我们也想要到各地去分发这份传单又力所不逮,特在此提供四种语文的PDF版本,以便各方热心人士下载、印制成传单,分发给需要阅读它而又不懂上网的亲戚朋友和各界人士,帮助我们把传单传得更广。
……

点击此处以阅读全文

 

Malaysia Time (GMT+8)